Field Trips

Field Trip Forms


Transportation / Bus Request Procedures and Forms

Please use the procedures and forms listed below when requesting transportation services.

District Bus Rules

Parents are asked to please review the following district bus rules with their child before the start of school. Citations may be issued by the bus driver for any violations of these rules and regulations and a copy of the citation will be sent to the home address of record.

Approved Vendors

If the district is unable to provide transportation services, this is the list of our approved vendors for charter buses:

  • Royal Coach Tours 408-279-4801

  • West Valley Charters 408-371-1230

  • San Jose Charters 408-360-9883

  • First Student (formerly Laidlaw Transit) 408-971-3466

  • Durham School Services 408-377-6655

  • School Transportation of America (STA) 408-998-8275

At this time, please do not search for vendors outside this list. All of these vendors have been properly vetted by the district and are aware of all the regulations that are to be followed while transporting ESUHSD students. If these vendors are unable to accommodate your trip, please call 408-347-5071.

Field Trip Instructions

  • Fill Out the Field Trip Request form and submit it WITH a roster of attending students to the principal's secretary

    • If your field trip is more than 60 miles away and/or overnight it MUST be board approved

    • Submit field trip forms for board approval AT LEAST 60 days PRIOR to the board meeting day that you are seeking approval.

    • Email copies of your forms to Julianna Arreola the administrative secretary for instructional services and send hard copies via the district Pony Mail

  • Create permission forms for your event using the form provided.

    • If students are riding with their parents, parents must submit a copy of driver's license and proof of insurance and the personal automobile usage form.

    • If students are riding with other parents or with you they must submit the Transportation Authorization form

    • If you are driving students you must submit the Personal Automobile usage form along w/ proof of insurance and a copy of your driver's license.

  • Give one set of forms to each attending student

  • Collect completed forms from your attending students at least a week prior to the field trip

  • Make a copy of all permission forms

  • Give original permission forms to the principal's secretary

  • Give a final list of attending students with ID numbers to the attendance office

  • Confirm your transportation

  • Take your permission forms on your trip with you (make sure you have the health insurance information)

  • Take attendance and submit it to the EVHS attendance secretary

*EVHS requires 1 adult supervisor for each 15 students and 1 adult of each gender for overnight trips that include both genders.