Frequently Asked Questions
How do I qualify for a work permit?
1. You must have maintained during the previous grading period a minimum 2.0 grade-point average in all enrolled courses (on a 4.0 scale).
2. You passed at least 20 semester units of work at the completion of the previous grading period.
3. You have no more than 3 total unexcused absences within the previous grading period.
4. You must have a social security number to indicate that you have the legal right to work in the United States.
5. All information provided on the application matches school records. If information does not match, you must update at the Registrar’s office before the work permit application can be submitted.
What if I have 2 or more different jobs?
A separate work permit is required for each employer. By law each employer must have a copy of your work permit on file where you work.
Across all of your jobs, you are not allowed to work more cumulative hours than specified by law for a student of your age.
How can I get a work permit issued or renewed during the school year?
Follow the steps above Steps to Apply for a Work Permit.
Are work permits required during the summer?
Yes. Labor and education codes apply during all seasons and times of the year.
If you still have questions, please email Mrs. Garcia at email@example.com.